October 3, 2008


Leah is two years old. That seems impossible. To me it seems we were just getting off the plane from China a few weeks ago. It took forever to get Leah and now time is flying. I guess its true what they say, "they grow up fast". I'm trying my best to keep her little but I'm losing. When we try to carry her she says "I walk". When we try to help her she says, "me can do it". I have even had her hair cut 7 times(it grows fast)in a short bob to try to keep her looking little. It seems she went from being a baby to being a little girl completely bypassing toddler hood. Shes so confident and independent. Last year at this time we were still waiting to see her take her first steps and now shes walking around like a pro in princess high heels. I have no idea how she stays upright in those heels, it may have something to do with the earths gravitational pull.

Last year I posted about wondering about Leah's birth. I still wonder. I know Leah will grow up wondering about her birth parents too. I hope she can make peace with the fact that she will probably never know. I believe they loved her (who couldn't). They must wonder about her too and hopefully they find peace. I still wish her birth parents knew how she is loved, safe and all the wonderful things about Leah. She's an amazing little girl. An amazing smile. An amazing giggle. An amazing personality. An amazing ability to play 'ring around the rosies' 20 times without getting dizzy. She is an amazing blessing.

We hear all the time how lucky Leah is but that's not true--we are the lucky ones. We love this child more and more everyday and are thankful for the privilege of being her parents.

3 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

Happy Birthday, Leah!!

You're right, it has gone way too fast. :-)

Mom of Three said...

Happy Birthday! She is one beautiful little girl..and yes they grow up too fast. I can't believe another year is gone.

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Leah! I too can't believe how fast all our girls are growing. Before you know it, we'll be talking about how they are starting school or going off to college.

Tanya