March 3, 2009

The Yangxi Orphanage

Most of you will remember Leah's orphanage didn't have mattresses in their cribs and that they slept on wood. A newlywed couple traveled the earth for one year and ended up at the Yangxi orphanage. After staying a few days they had a mission to buy mattresses for each crib. Below you will see the pictures of the new mattresses! It is great to know that the little girls who came after Leah will have a soft place to rest their heads at night.

Lately I have had several people asking me about adopting from China, other countries and domestic adoption. It may seem discouraging because of the wait, paperwork, and the cost .. but its worth it.

Here's a link to their blog:





Before with wooden boards.


After
This picture was taken from their blog..how wonderful to see all the new mattresses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!
-Kate
I found your blog on RQ

Natalie said...

Neat post. What are you doin' up so late?

Mom of Three said...

That is so great. I was just talking to some people about the conditions that our girls were in. Every time I look at the scars on Boo's head it makes me sad. I'm glad that these little ones won't have to go through that. Thanks for posting this!